Saw this game recently, any way to play on android?

Saw this game recently, any way to play on android?

Postby zartura » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:50 am

As the topic title says, I recently saw this game and it looks neat! Can this be played on android, and if so, what method would ugh our guys reccomend? Sorry if this is a basic question, I've never played this type of game before.
zartura

Re: Saw this game recently, any way to play on android?

Postby RoquefortA » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:31 am

is this available on playstore ?
RoquefortA

Postby Wahn » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:26 pm

RoquefortA wrote:is this available on playstore ?

For sure it isn't - our content is too dicey to go there.
Wahn

Postby dragontamer8740 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:19 am

It's technically possible to make it work by using a terminal emulator and compiling a console-based glulx interpreter for it. I've done that myself, but it's not something that's too easy for a layperson.

A debian chroot via GNURoot (no actual root on phone required) might be easier; then you could probably just use apt-get to install a glulx interpreter, or build one with standard unix tools on your phone directly.

There are projects that are aiming to make it easier to play glulx games on Android, but those have a long way to go before they're ready for primetime, unfortunately.

I suppose using Quixe in a browser might be an option?
If it works with games this big, anyway.
dragontamer8740

Postby mikkelkasper » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:33 pm

dragontamer8740 wrote:It's technically possible to make it work by using a terminal emulator and compiling a console-based glulx interpreter for it. I've done that myself, but it's not something that's too easy for a layperson.

A debian chroot via GNURoot (no actual root on phone required) might be easier; then you could probably just use apt-get to install a glulx interpreter, or build one with standard unix tools on your phone directly.

There are projects that are aiming to make it easier to play glulx games on Android, but those have a long way to go before they're ready for primetime, unfortunately.

This seems like a lot of work.. new to this.. no easier way of installing this in my Pc?? will however read more on this and give it a try.
mikkelkasper

Postby Wahn » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:58 am

mikkelkasper wrote:This seems like a lot of work.. new to this.. no easier way of installing this in my Pc?? will however read more on this and give it a try.

For a PC, you can simply grab the installer from the blog page:
https://blog.flexiblesurvival.com/p/fle ... layer.html
Wahn

Postby Bradleyes » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:46 am

mikkelkasper wrote:
dragontamer8740 wrote:It's technically possible to make it work by using a terminal emulator and compiling a console-based glulx interpreter for it. I've done that myself, but it's not something that's too easy for a layperson.

This seems like a lot of work.. new to this.. no easier way of installing this in my Pc?? will however read more on this and give it a try.

yes
Bradleyes

Return to General Chat